Two incredible things happened to my blog today!
The first is an incredible milestone: 50 followers!! I can’t believe that after only a month (a month and 10 days to be exact) I’ve already reached this amazing milestone. When I first started my blog, I didn’t really expect to gain many followers, but I am pleasantly surprised. Thank you to everyone who has followed me through the start of this journey :)
The second is that I was nominated for two blog awards by Victoria Davenport (if you haven’t already checked out her blog, I highly recommend it!) They are the Very Inspiring Blogger award and the One Lovely Blog award!
The Rules (or as Victoria said, they are more like guidelines :) So think of them like the Pirate Code!)
- Thank and link the amazing person(s) who nominated you.
- List the rules and display the award.
- Share seven facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other amazing blogs and comment on their posts to let them know they have been nominated.
If you’ve already been nominated for these awards, I’d say there’s no need to go through all of this again unless you really want to :)
Seven Things You Probably Don’t Know About Me
- When I first started writing, I wrote a Star Trek story that involved me and all of my classmates. Keep in mind I was in 5th grade at the time, lol.
- My obsession with dragons started with Dragonheart.
- The first actual, proper novel I remember reading was The Hobbit. That probably doesn’t surprise anyone here ;)
- I used to be very, very near-sighted until I had lasik performed.
- For most of my life, I hated the idea of ever living in a big city. Now I live in one and love it! So much so that I don’t think I could ever move back to a small town again.
- I took over 4 years of French (2 in high school, 2 and a half in college) but I have still never been to France.
- I was interviewed by a web-hosted MTV show that was on a video game tour across the U.S. in 2007. I worked in a video game computer lab on campus at the time.
Now on to the nominations. This was not easy, there are a lot of really awesome blogs I’ve found over the past month! I also wasn’t sure if I was allowed to go outside of wordpress, so I stuck to ones I subscribe to on here.
One outside of WordPress I’d like to mention is writer Laurel K. Hamilton’s blog – I’ve never actually read her work, but a friend of mine recommended I check out her blog when I first started my blog, and I’ve enjoyed following her blog :)
Nominees (in no particular order):
- Publish or Perish
- Beauty Within
- Forgotten Meadows
- Ivy Mosquito
- Ronovan Writes
- Brett’s Future
- Inside the Life of Moi
- Jacke Wilson
- Bookshelf Battle
- One Up Five Down
- Long & Luxe
- Words on a Limb
- Embracing a Wounded Soul
- Megan Elizabeth Morales
- Daily (W)rite
I highly recommend checking out those blogs, they are all very awesome :) And I have to apologize, but it’s late and I need to get to bed, so I don’t have time at the moment to let them all know. A total cop-out, I know, but I have to work tomorrow :(
Thank you again to everyone for following and to Victoria for the nomination! You all are awesome!